Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Breakfast - Conecuh, Egg, & Cheese Sandwich

Yesterday I had several morning errands to run, and wanted to fuel up before heading out! Luckily I had some leftover conecuh sausage from my dinner the other night (to read more about that click here) which was the perfect start to my day. 

I started with a few simple and staple ingredient categories...eggs, meat, and bread. As I mentioned, my meat was conecuh sausage, so to make up for the calories I used Flat Out sandwich thins. Orrrrrr...it might have been because they were about to go bad and I figured they would help make the sandwich more portable. I'll never tell :)


I first chopped the sausage into fine pieces and added it to a skillet. I didn't use any oil because the sausage was fatty enough, and soon enough it was sizzling away.


I then cracked four large eggs into a bowl (I was making these for my hubby and myself...if it's just for one I would recommend only using one or two eggs). I added a couple tablespoons of milk so the eggs would be extra fluffy and some freshly cracked black pepper for extra flavor and whipped this all together for about 30 seconds.


I added the eggs directly to the pan with the sausage and gently stirred until it was cooked through. I sprinkled the cooked egg mixture with cheese, turned off the burner, and covered the pan for about 5 minutes until it was nice and melty.


I spooned a generous amount of egg into each of the sandwich thins. Throw in a hot thermos of coffee and I was ready for whatever the day could throw my way!




No comments:

Post a Comment