Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy Birthday Puppy Son!

Today was Mav's birthday, so I thought I should keep with the tradition of testing out homemade puppy food recipes on him....I'm thinking this year's looked much better than the pureed chicken cake I made last year (see the recipe here), and they almost smelled good enough while baking to try one myself.....almost. :)

I started with 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, an egg, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 cup water.


I added the ingredients to a large bowl...


...and mixed together until combined.


I then spooned about 2 tablespoons of the batter evenly into a greased muffin tin and baked it in a 350 degree oven for 17-20 minutes.


...I'm sad to say, the treats really didn't rise at all, so next time I would make a bigger effort to shape the treats BEFORE baking them. I think it would've helped them be much prettier and not look like something that just came UP from a dog's stomach! Hehehe


Once cooled, I removed the treats from the muffin tin for consumption! I only gave each pup one treat so it wouldn't upset their stomach...even though pumpkin and peanut butter are pretty mild, I didn't want to risk it! I put the rest in the fridge since the batter is made with an egg and I didn't want them going bad.


As you can see, I have two very excited Aussies :)
Happy birthday baby boy!!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment