Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Our Trip to Denver!

Hello there! 

It's been a few weeks since I've posted, which makes me sad because a lot has gone on in my world and some great recipes have been had that should have been shared, but it's just been one of those months where I'm struggling to find motivation and bubbly words, so I thought a tiny break would be a good idea. However, after spending a week in Colorado with some of our closest friends, I'm feeling refreshed and reinvigorated and ready to jump back into sharing my recipes and adventures!

During our time in Colorado, we spent time in both Denver and Glenwood Springs. Somehow we lucked out and got into town about 12 hours before the season's worst snow storm came through and left nearly 20 inches of fresh powder!!! (I'm totally not a skier, hence why I was less than ecstatic) While in Glenwood Springs we were able to see some of the beautiful scenery the area has to offer by hiking up to Hanging Lake. Of course we had amazing food the entire time we were there and finished off the week with an Easter feast that easily rivaled any I've had before.

Here are a few pictures from our trip!


Driving out of Denver = CRAZY amount of snow!


Out of the snow and into the mountains we go!


View from the trail headed to Hanging Lake...sooooo gorgeous!


Somehow we only took a couple pictures together, but I just love this one!


Probably the clearest, bluest waters I have seen in my life... 


I suppose we could redefine part of the hike as sledding...hehehe


Unlike my adventurous hubby, I need to hang onto some rocks so I wouldn't "fall down the mountain!!"


I would say Easter lunch was a success :) 

Dining options included (top left, clockwise):

- Pickled sweet peppers
- Goat cheese stuffed green olives and kalamata olives 
- Charcuterie board featuring:
blue cheese, candied walnuts, soppressata, chicken pate, habanero jack cheese, pistachios, prosciutto, cheddar cheese, camembert cheese, and hot coppa
- White beans in pepper vinaigrette
- Garden pizza
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Sliced apples
- Prosciutto wrapped, goat cheese stuffed dates


Unfortunately I didn't take as many pictures as I normally would have so this is really all I have to share, but as always I had a blast exploring a new city! 

What did you all do for your Easter weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment